Discover Your PersonalityMay 26, 2017
- It’s okay to fail.
- Don’t be afraid to start
- Don’t be afraid to use new vocabulary
- Work on one new concept at a time
- The only thing that can stop you is you.
Barriers to Learning English
- I’m Comfortable—Staying in the comfort zone and living at your present level of English is easier and less stressful than exerting effort to learn new vocabulary and talk to people with the English that you know.
- I’m afraid of failure—Fear of making a mistake or risking possible failure discourages you from trying to do anything new! (Especially talking in English)
- Disapproval hurts—The desire to avoid disapproval, limits many to behavior that only tries to please others.
- I don’t have what it takes—Having a false sense of inferiority, cause many people to believe they cannot become more fluent in English.
So you want to learn english ?
- Work hard—the best investment a person can make
- Study Hard—knowledge enables us to work more intelligently and effectively
- Take the initiative—Don’t just sit back, take action!
- Allow it to become a hobby—find pleasure in mastering the language
How to remember what you are learning
- Write things down for review
- Ask lots of questions to seek clarification
- Practice speaking to everybody in English
- Read books for understanding and look for vocabulary you have recently learned. Remember: You need to hear, see, and use a new vocabulary word for a total of 20 times before it becomes a part of your vocabulary.